Alright, today let’s talk about postures. There are so many postures that people have and are really harmful for their body and health.
How to know if you have this? Stop reading for 3 seconds, don’t move! Notice your posture when reading this. You are welcome.
Forward Hip Tilt
Hmmm, purposely tilt your pelvis forward and backward as far as you can (do it in places where no one will see that if you are shy!). If you have this, you might notice your tilted pelvis is not too far away from your “natural” tilt.
Overlapping leg over knee
It is pretty common for people to do this without knowing the bad things it brings to them. Prolonged period of doing this will cause lower back pain.
Bad posture when using computer/smartphones
Most people just simply bend their head down (or tilt forward) to see the screens for some reason. But doing this is not good at all. Tilting it a little bit forward will cause your spine to take more load which will eventually cause you spine problems!
Bad sleeping postures
We all thought we would be good at sleeping, but most of us are wrong. There are so many types of sleeping postures, but sleeping on your back is the best (side sleeping would be better for people with sleep apnea and snoring).
Pay attention to them!
We know doing these postures are already your habit or it feels really good, but we advise you to try correcting them for your future health.
- Corrine, K.O. (2017, December 8). Is Crossing Your Legs Dangerous? Retrieved 25 November 2019, from https://www.healthline.com/health/crossed-legs-while-sitting
- Joshua, M.A. (n.d.). Is Your Cell Phone Killing Your Back? Retrieved 25 November 2019, from https://www.spineuniverse.com/wellness/ergonomics/your-cell-phone-killing-your-back
- Marc, P. (2018, October 26). 5 Most Common Posture Problems (& How To Fix Them). Retrieved 25 November 2019, from https://www.builtlean.com/2011/11/28/posture-problems/
- NHS. (2018, April 30). Common posture mistakes and fixes. Retrieved 25 November 2019, from https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/exercise/common-posture-mistakes-and-fixes/
- Precision movement. (2019, March 4). Wake up This “Hidden” Muscle to Fix HUNCHBACK Posture (aka Kyphosis) [Image]. Retrieved 25 November 2019, from https://www.precisionmovement.coach/hunchback-posture/
- Stefanie, L. (2018, July 12). The Best Sleep Positions. Retrieved 25 November 2019, from https://www.alaskasleep.com/blog/the-best-sleep-positions
- Timothy, G. (2019, September 17). Dowager Hump: An Outdated Name for a Common Spinal Condition. Retrieved 25 November 2019, from https://www.healthline.com/health/dowager-hump