After highlighting points about heart disease, time to look at what are good for hearts. There we go!
Magnesium enables heart disease patients to exercise for much longer period than those who don’t have enough magnesium in their body.
Having deficiency of vitamin D has been identified by scientists as a risk factor of getting heart attack. Doing things like exposing yourself under sunlight will make your body produce vitamin D automatically and naturally.
This mineral helps in maintaining a regular heartbeat. Having improper heart beats will not effectively pump blood to brain, muscles and organs around your body.
Pyridoxine, folic acid and cobalamin
More commonly known as vitamin B6, B9 and B12. They work together to lower substance linked to cause heart disease.
Bonus: Omega-3 fatty acids
You can get them from fish oils, walnut, chia seed and so on. It helps to fight unhealthy fats in your blood and is able to reduce blood pressure.
They are just important
People think they are good as long as nothing else happen. But it is always too late when they come. We hope you could be more cautious about your intake of these vitamin and minerals after reading this.
- American Heart Association. (n.d.). Folic acid and cardiovascular disease. Retrieved 23 December 2019, from https://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Encyclopedia/Heart-Encyclopedia_UCM_445084_ContentIndex.jsp?title=folic%20acid%20and%20cardiovascular%20disease
- Catharine, P. (2018, February 1). Vitamin D-3 could ‘reverse’ damage to heart. Retrieved 23 December 2019, from https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/320802.php#1
- Healthline Editorial Team. (2017, November 13). The Benefits of Vitamin D. Retrieved 23 December 2019, from https://www.healthline.com/health/food-nutrition/benefits-vitamin-d
- Janis, K. (2000, November 9). Got Magnesium? Those With Heart Disease Should. Retrieved 23 December 2019, from https://www.webmd.com/heart-disease/news/20001109/got-magnesium-those-with-heart-disease-should#1
- Julie, S. (2019, June 26). 6 Best Nutrient Pairings for Your Heart. Retrieved 23 December 2019, from https://www.everydayhealth.com/heart-health/best-nutrient-pairings-heart/
- RB Schiff Vitamins. (2018, April 10). 5 Minerals and Vitamins for Heart Health. Retrieved 23 December 2019, from https://www.schiffvitamins.com/blogs/health-wellness/5-minerals-and-vitamins-for-heart-health
- Ryan, R. (2017, September 9). What Does Potassium Do for Your Body? A Detailed Review. Retrieved 23 December 2019, from https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/what-does-potassium-do
- WebMD. (n.d.). 6 Supplements for Heart Health. Retrieved 23 December 2019, from https://www.webmd.com/vitamins-and-supplements/supplements-heart-healthy#2