So by coming to this page, we assume you have decided to take efforts to quit it now or you are gearing up to help your smoker friend. Congratulations on your very first step! Now we will guide you on the tips to stop smoking
Set a Quit Day
Just choose a day within a short period (let’s say two weeks), so you can prepare yourself to quit without any more “reasons”.
Tell people around you
Tell your friends and family members about your plan, and the need of their support either emotionally (help you out since you are going to face withdrawal symptoms) or physically (try to smoke in front of you)
Keep yourself busy
Try very hard to keep you from thinking about your dear cigarettes! You have decided to leave them already! Do exercises, chew gums, spend time with non-smoking friends and family or even go for a walk.
- If you have the habit of taking in alcohol together with cigarette, stop drinking or just move to places where smoking is prohibited.
- If there is any smokers around you and they just can’t stop, maybe you just need to stay away from them for a bit.
- Find a replacement after meal, some smokers will light up whenever they finish the meal. Try things like chocolate and gums if you are that type of smoker.
Know the withdrawal symptoms
“I am feeling so bad for real, I had depression, feel tired and feel difficult to concentrate, I guess I will just get back to smoking.” NO! That is not your problem, they are all withdrawal symptoms, just be patient for the time being, it lasts for few days to several weeks depending on person. But once you got over that, you are one step closer to successfully quit smoking!
Just Do IT!
Yes, it is hard, but rome wasn’t built in a day. Don’t forget your reasons to quit. You will eventually find yourself getting through all these. Good luck!
- Hannah, N. (2017, September 18). Five ways to quit smoking. Retrieved 24 October 2019, from https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/319460.php#1
- Lawrence, R. and Melinda, S. (n.d.). How to Quit Smoking. Retrieved 24 October 2019, from https://www.helpguide.org/articles/addictions/how-to-quit-smoking.htm
- How to Quit Smoking. (2017, October 1). Retrieved 24 October 2019, from https://www.webmd.com/smoking-cessation/quit-smoking#1
- .https://www.freepik.com/free-photos-vectors/people”>People photo created by valeria_aksakova – www.freepik.com